This is a flagship programme of SCIENCE aimed at bringing science to life in a practical and engaging manner for students. The objectives of the Programme are to:
- Expose youth to the beauty, wonder and value of nature.
- Encourage outdoor fun, and stimulate interest in science learning.
- Support the national primary and early secondary schools’ science curriculum.
- Create an appreciation of the mechanics in nature and the influence nature has on technology.
- Promote participation, teamwork, proactive problem-solving and stewardship in addressing environmental issues.
- Promote appreciation for the pure sciences through experiences with nature.
- Produce several cohorts of highly stimulated youth with the potential of becoming leading international scientists
The Junior SCIENCEist Programme takes place on Saturdays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. This is a FREE programme that is offered to children 7 to 12 years of age.